Re: sunday drive

To: pbowen@intellinetics.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sunday drive
From: MartyThamm@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:04:10 EDT
In a message dated 10/9/2001 8:48:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pbowen@intellinetics.com writes:

> Rick, not to be nit picky - ok so I am.  The Marines do not have Chinook
> Helicopters, Those are CH-47's used by the Army.  The Marines use the CH-46
> Phrog.  Look similar but very different.  Rode in a few hundred, over the
> past few years.
>
> :)
> YLCMV - Your level of caring may vary
>
> But yeah great story.
>
> Patrick Bowen

Actually, in fairness to my rotorhead colleagues (I'm a fixed wing driver
myself), it is the CH-46 Sea Knight affectionately known as the "Phrog" or
"Frog" or the "Imperial Battle Phrog" with the new "glass" cockpit.  Great
story!

Always wondered what driving a Spitfire with a HUD (head's up display) would
be like...

Semper Fi,
Marty Thamm
Colonel of Marines