RE: UK Number Plates

To: "'Mitchell, Doug (D.B.)'" <dmitchel@ford.com>,
Subject: RE: UK Number Plates
From: Davies William-qswi646 <William.M.Davies@motorola.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 08:01:55 +0100

Hi Doug,
        As Laura has suggested, the Blue band contains the EU symbol. They
have only very recently become legal because they required a change in digit
size of the plates, however that hasn't stopped people fitting them for
several years now! The Blue band and symbol also appear on the Yellow back
plate. I've not rushed out to change mine - I perceive my silver on black
plates as a privilege.

> I have also noticed that in a series of photos of the new
> (to the US) Freelander, it has black on red number plates.
> Is this a 'manufacturer' plate? I remember the trades
> plates from years ago were distinctly different.

I'm not aware of any change to the trade plates. The ones I'm familiar with
have red letters on a white background. None of the guys working here in the
office with me can think what the black on red plates mean.
        Cheers,
                Bill.

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupi Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Saloon
|    A \____||____/ A    |  1960 Herald 948 Saloon 100% Original
| =  H              H  = |  1961 Herald 'S'
=====U==============U=====  1961 Herald 1200 Coupi
\________________________/  1968 2000 Mk1 Saloon (the Wife's car!)

Join The Herald Mailing List at: