Re: Hardtop Fit Question - 78 Spit

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardtop Fit Question - 78 Spit
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:13:34 +0100
In article <4.2.2.20011011093931.026d4510@dougbraun.com>, Douglas Braun
& Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com> writes
>Wear or misalignment of the "window-raising-and-lowering mechanism"
>(there must be a single word for this in German...)

"Britischeleylandtriumphspucktfeuerturfenesteraufziehenundniederlassenmec
hanischevorrichtung," I think.

>could also cause the front edge window glass to not be parallel to the
>windscreen frame.

True.

>Look at the car from the side, with both windows rolled up,
>to see if the two pieces of glass are at the same
>angle to each other.

They are.

>I have this problem on one side, but it does not seem to affect the
>fit of the hardtop.

Once the hardtop has been fitted successfully, the leading edge of the
driver's side door window (and there's probably a word for that in
German as well), is precisely parallel to the windscreen pillar.

I don't think there's any getting away from the fact that my windscreen
frame bends...

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"