opening the bonnet

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: opening the bonnet
From: "James Carruthers" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 13:15:46 +0100
It dawned on me yesterday that if I ever broke down in my Spit, and I was on my
own, I wouldnt be able to open the bonnet - to check everything.

Ive tried doing it before - but the bonnet just wont open. Also it seems to
flex a certain amount - almost like its going to snap in half. So opening on
just one side doesnt seem a good idea anyway. The side that Im not lifting just
doesnt move - and just catches on on the catch.

So can anyone actually open the bonnet on their own? Do I just not have the
strength - do I need to start going down the gym? and has anyone installed any
kind of gas lift like in modern cars?

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit - Now working again.