RE: Gas struts for opening the boot (trunk)

To: "'John Hobson'" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: Gas struts for opening the boot (trunk)
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:41:12 +0100
Tried it, done it, worked fine, told you all about it about 4 months ago!
(I'd tell you to check the archives, if they ever worked).

Some monkeys who were asked to fix a strut on the tailgate of my wifes Audi
100 Avant replaced both the broken and good ones with others that were both
too short and weak.  Having sourced the correct struts and fitted them
myself, I was left with the two struts I'd taken off.  They were almost
identical in open and closed length to the standard Spitfire boot strut.

All I needed to do was drill a hole through the back of the cup fittings on
the strut ends, so I could pass the bolts through, and it was a direct
bolt-on replacement, and has worked a treat ever since.

I still have the other strut, a fiver plus postage to anyone who wants it.

Sorry, I have no idea what car these struts were supposed to fit in the
first place, but pretty much any strut the same open length +- 1" will
probably do.

Richard & Daffy
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email