RE: (over)heating feet

To: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>,
Subject: RE: (over)heating feet
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:35:28 -0400
At 09:41 AM 10/23/01 , Richard Gosling wrote:
>   There should also be some
>heat/sound insulation on the firewall, and the underside of the gearbox
>tunnel cover, which you may be missing.

Well, the factory never remembered to add the firewall insulation!

I removed the kapok-in-a-baggie insulation from my tunnel cover
and replaced it with a layer of foam-in-a-can.  This greatly
improved the sound and heat insulation of the tunnel cover,
but it was a very tedious and messy job, since I put on too much,
and had to carve away two-thirds of it....

Doug