re: Anybody mucked about with one of these? (Jag IRS)

To: "Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Tr7"
Subject: re: Anybody mucked about with one of these? (Jag IRS)
From: <rtgetzinger@scif.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 9:47:05 PST
Huw,
I just looked over one of these Jag IRS rear ends on the back end of a T
bucket hot rod. It was totally chromed out and had those typical huge wide
tires affixed to them. The engine was a chevy with a blower on it. One could
guess then that it could handle quite a bit of horsepower and torque. The
center disc brake setup is pretty cool and would look good at a show. The
chromed unit was stated to cost about 5 to 6 thousand. It is a bulky unit. I
have seen other light weight rods using jaguar rear ends as well.
Rob