Re: Anybody mucked about with one of these? (Jag IRS)

To: Spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anybody mucked about with one of these? (Jag IRS)
From: reed mideke <rfm@redshift.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:36:39 -0800
rtgetzinger@scif.com wrote:

> Huw,
> I just looked over one of these Jag IRS rear ends on the back end of a T
> bucket hot rod. It was totally chromed out and had those typical huge wide
> tires affixed to them. The engine was a chevy with a blower on it. One could
> guess then that it could handle quite a bit of horsepower and torque. The
> center disc brake setup is pretty cool and would look good at a show. The
> chromed unit was stated to cost about 5 to 6 thousand. It is a bulky unit. I
> have seen other light weight rods using jaguar rear ends as well.
> Rob

I suspect that the internels were beefed up. The source I heard
said that the stock center was good up to about 400 ft/lb (if I
remember right), but you could get various other stuff grafted in
there.

--
Email:               rfm(at)redshift.com or rfm(at)portalofevil.com
Home page:                             http://www.redshift.com/~rfm