Re: Steering Wheel Alignment Question

To: npenney@erols.com, m.chmura@umassp.edu
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Alignment Question
From: SMatson802@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:55:51 EST
In my various efforts at fixing one thing at a time, I managed to get the
steering wheel off center by quite a bit (replacing the steering u-joint).  I
removed the steering wheel and replaced it straight.  Everything was ok
except the turn signals did not turn off on left turns and turned off very
quickly on right turns.  No big deal.  I just had to go back to the u-joint
and get the steering shaft/turn signal switch lined up, then realign the
steering wheel.
I have gotten pretty good at taking the steering column off and on.
Steve M