Re: RANT- Problems with restoring (long)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RANT- Problems with restoring (long)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 17:48:25 +0100
On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, at around 12:32:40 local time, Andre Rousseau
<andrer@mac.com> wrote:
>You know the biggest problem with doing a restoration is money.
>You can never have enough when you need it.

<snip>

>2004 seems along time to go without driving. No I'm not buying a 2nd
>Triumph!

<snip>

>Think any of this makes sense or have I lost my mind totally?

Andre,

I think you've lost your mind totally.

Buy a second Triumph - even if it is a tatty 13/60 or Spitfire for a few
hundred bucks - and take the GT6 project nice and slow.   As long as
your second Triumph is roadworthy, you will have the pleasure of driving
a Triumph whenever you want, and it won't cost you a whole hell of a lot
of money.   And, of course, many spare parts and breakdown learning
experiences are common across the whole range!

ATB
--
Mike
Ellie  - 1963 White Herald 1200 Convertible GA125624 CV - Daily Driver