Re: Gauges and problems

To: Philip Warburton <cplimey@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: Gauges and problems
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 00:14:01 -0400
At 08:54 PM 9/25/02 -0700, you wrote:

>2) I am replacing my oil pressure unit that goes into the engine block.
>Firstly because Nick Moseley's experience has been weighing on my mind and
>also, the green light on the instrument panel does not light.
>Yes, there is lots of oil!
>The bulb is good, but I cannot get a circuit to light up the continuity
>tester with all the wires connecting to the oil pressure unit.

To test the oil pressure light circuit, simply short the wire that goes to the
sender
to the engine block. If the light does not light up, something is wrong in the
lamp(s) or
the wiring.

MK IV and 1500 Spits use a terrible circuit to test the brake warning light
when the ignition is first turned on.  The brake and oil pressure lights are in
series.
If the brake light is burned out, neither light will work!  Real cars :-) use a
circuit
with a diode to perform this function.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit