Re: Gauges and problems

To: SPIT mail list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gauges and problems
From: Philip Warburton <cplimey@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:15:37 -0700
My thanks to Dan, Doug, Greg and Nick for their responses.

For those interested, after doing the suggest easy test for the sender, I
replaced the sending unit and presto, the temp gauge rises to just before
the 1/2 way mark.
Success!!

I also tested the oil sensing unit the same way, and I still got no light. I
replaced it anyway as it was looking kinda old and I didn't want oil blown
all over the engine compartment at some time.
I also put new connectors on all the wires that attach to the unit, but when
all is said and done I still can't get the light to work. It must be in the
wiring (the bulb is good).
No success.

Thanks to all.

Cheers,