Re: Gauges and problems

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gauges and problems
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:07:47 +0100
On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, at around 09:45:46 local time, Tim Wilcox
<tw1@MUW.Edu> wrote:
>Quoting Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>:
>
>> Anyway, many large SUV owners do not seem to believe that my Spit exists.
>> I have already seen two new Hummer H2's on the roads.  One more thing to
>> worry about...
>
>I agree completely. It seems as if our cars are not ligitimate. I
>sometimes get
>the same treatment that motorcyclists complain about. I don't let it
>bother me,
>it just reminds me to be more aware.

Funnily enough, I suffer from this more in the Heralds than in the Spit.
My convertible in particular appears to be completely invisible to many
road users.   They soon become aware of it when I sound the horns,
though.   A previous owner fitted a matched pair of 1940s electrical
horns to the car.   These are the same ones that were used on
Rolls-Royce, Standard 10 and Alvis cars, and they sound like the QE2 is
coming into dock right behind the blind SUV-driver...

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FM105671