Re: Wrong tyres... oops

To: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wrong tyres... oops
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 10:17:10 -0400
I had 165-80s for a long time (the car had them when I bought it), and
I never had any rubbing problem.  But they are a bit too tall for
good handling, and the odometer is inaccurate.

Last year I switched to 175-70's, which are about the same diameter as the
factory-spec 155-80's.  No rubbing with them, either.  (But I have a MK IV
car with the shorter rear axles).

Doug Braun
'72 Spit