Re: Centenary Run

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Centenary Run
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 14:29:57 +0100
On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 10:37 AM, Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

> On Sat, 24 May 2003, at around 23:37:12 local time, James Carruthers
> <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Probably not, but it works for me.  There must be some of these cars
> around, but this is possibly not the best time to be trying to buy a
> convertible (just as the weather is starting to improve, I mean).   You
> may well be wise to buy a clunker just to keep you mobile until you can
> find what you want.

My plan is exactly this... I see it as saving money in the long term
because I am less likely to rush in to buying a spit.... I'm going to
see a Dolly on Friday, 1974 Brugundy 1500TC... should be interesting....

> Why not forget about the idea of buying a "disposable" one then, and
> see
> if you can find a minty Dolly Sprint?

My heart is still with the Spitfire, although it would be nice to have
a Dolly Sprint... and to think that I could have a mint one for quite a
bit cheaper.... it is somewhat tempting.... but only with a Spitfire at
the same time....

James