Re: Centenary Run

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Centenary Run
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 20:31:09 +0100
Mike,

Michael Hargreave Mawson wrote:

>>Drool drool drool....
>>Do you think I can claim this back on my insurance? Missing such an
>>historic event?
>>

>Well, you might have a go.   Were you planning on changing insurers
>before your next premium was due anyway? <g>

Oh yeah... there must be somewhere cheaper than Footman James... and the
great thing is I turn 21 next wednesday... so I should have a few more
options... and this time it's going to be fully comp! TPF&T has proven
far too stressful....

Awww.... I can't believed I missed out on all this fun....

>>anyone seen
>>any??
>>

>Sorry - not one.

They don't seem to be very common at the moment.. there have been a few
about... but perhaps Im just too picky.... and why do they all seem to
be up north?... far too far to travel for me just to take a look at a
car.... but then perhaps finding a triumph isn't meant to be easy?....
maybe its all one big test?.... but I'm sure not going to spend 6 or 7
hours travelling when the car is the wrong colour to begin with....
(I've already decided it has to be red, which narrows my options even more)

Plus Im probably going to have to give back my hire car next week... so
I won't even be able to go look that easily... what I'm looking for
right now is a nice Dolomite or something... I've seen a few going for
about 200-400 quid with at least 6 months MOT.... should do me until I
find a new Spitty...

James