Re: TR6 on Top Gear

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 on Top Gear
From: "Steve Carter" <steve@juggler.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:03:55 +0100
I don't think he was talking about spits specifically, I thought it was more
'before the TR6, sports cars were curvy' but yeah,  I'm slightly concerned
about this rule that a Real Man (tm) can't appreciate grace or delicacy.
Real Men like women don't they?  And what could be more feminine?

To me, the reason many modern sports-cars are effeminate is that technology
has made driving so much safer, the controls lighter, the handling more
predictable.  No longer do you need the Guy's tendency to understand the
limits of a vehicle just to get the bugger from A to B.  Most of the females
I know would think twice about getting in my spit if they only knew how hard
I have to press the brake pedal to make it stop!

Anyway.  That's how I differentiate 'hairdresser' cars from 'sports' cars.
A sports car has hidden traps, you need to learn its idiosyncracies.  A
hairdresser car has been properly tamed.

Just my 3 euro-cents' worth