TR6 on Top Gear

To: "'Spitfires@autox.team.net'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 on Top Gear
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:46:30 +0100
Anyone watch Top Gear (by far the leading car-based TV-show in the UK, for
the benefit of those outside of our island) last night?

Great feature, where they were discussing how all convertibles were girly
cars, particularly the latest ones like the Ford StreetKa and some funny
Daihatsu that had on the show this week. I was muttering to my wife "Not the
Triumph TR6 - that's a man's car!". Sure enough, James May headed off on a
mini-tirade against the girliness of his co-presenters, stated that there
was a real bloke's convertible, and promptly got into... a shiny red TR6!!

OK, he did mention that Triumph's previous sports cars (i.e. Spitfires) were
a bit "effeminate", having been designed by an Italian, so the piece wasn't
all good, but he gave the TR6 such a great revue that I even forgave him for
that. Particulary as he was driving it in the traditional British fashion -
in a torrential downpour with nothing but a tonneau cover for protection!

Expect to see a sharp, but probably brief, rise in TR6 prices in the UK over
the next couple of weeks...

Richard & Daffy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.