Re: TR6 on Top Gear

To: "Gosling Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 on Top Gear
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 12:11:40 +0100
Richard,

Of course I watched, never miss an episode... several relatives phoned
up beforehand to say there would be a Triumph on as well!

I am very impressed with the BBC's effort with the new(er) Top Gear
series - and this second one is even better than the last - partly
because they seem to have recruited James May to do the classic stuff.
Jeremy Clarkson is as great as ever - I don't know why some people hate
him so much - his reviews are always great to watch - even if you're
not interested in the sort of car he's reviewing. The review of the new
Jag last week with the chocolate bars was hilarious... thank god we
don't have to put up with that Channel 4 Driven rubbish anymore! Though
Channel 5's (or should that be "five") Dream Machines show has been
rather good - but surely there is only a finite supply of "dream"
machines they can restore... I really don't think anyone is going to
ring in to win an Austin Allegro...

I don't think the Spitfire came off that badly in the review, he just
said the Michelotti ones were a bit more curvy... I reckon any of the
TR series are still blokey... TR3, TR4, TR7... all blokey cars...

Now, if they'd just do a feature on the Spitfire... that would be one
to watch...

My friend who want's an MX5 has suddenly gone off them after last
night... well... I did tell him that when he first came up with the
idea... not even a hairdresser's car, the receptionist of the
hairdresser's car... lol

James

69 Signal Red Spit