RE: 2500 engine in a Spitfire?

To: "'William Davies'" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: 2500 engine in a Spitfire?
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:58:46 +0100
Bill,

Thanks for that.  Your advice, and that of Terry Thompson, has confirmed
what I suspected would be the case - there's a lot more to this than
cleaning up the engine, whipping out the 1500 and slinging it in, even if I
did promise myself that I would upgrade the front brakes soon after.

Too many parts required, too much money to obtain them, Daffy was always
intended to be a minimum-cost (for an old car) fun runabout not a
money-munching wonder-car.  It was fun to dream for a day or two, but I
think I'd better pass this opportunity over.

Richard & Daffy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.