Re: Aluminum radiator repair

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aluminum radiator repair
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:30:34 -0700
>But seriously, have you tried any of that epoxy putty they sell in parts
>stores?
********************
If you mean the stuff that is a stick that you break off a portion and
knead with your hands, specifically for radiators - yes - i didn't stick
well enough either - I just got a hold of some metal epoxy that says it
good for 300 degrees - I'm going to try that and see - I figure that maybe
its getting too hot and with the expansion coefficient of aluminum vs the
epoxy it is either softening or cracking the repair loose -
Welding was out because the area was right at the tank where it joins the
core, and epoxy of some kind was used to seal the tubes - which would
probably burn because of the close proximity to the welded area-
Barry Schwartz - San Diego -(bschwart@pacbell.net)
---