Re: RECENT PARTS AVAILABILITY QUESTION...FORD...ETC.

To: <AVALON2455@aol.com>
Subject: Re: RECENT PARTS AVAILABILITY QUESTION...FORD...ETC.
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 07:26:29 -0400
Clark, to it put it mildly you have no idea what the hell you are talking
about, there are over 1,000,000 model "A" still  around, the figure of
600,00 is correct, my saying restored is wrong I should have said
"driveable", just because I used the word "restored" does mean "concours" or
"show", again if you read my post I said with the "Ford" logo on the part,
yes there are junk parts around, I think this is true for any aftermarket
part, but very seldom in the factory approved parts as I said for the "A",
and as for "some years back" checking the registration, this is just
impossible to do, there are 2 "A" owners here in Virginia with over 100
owned between them, if you don't know what the hell you are talking about
don't try blasting somebody else that is involved and yes a approved
designed and quality standard would be of great benefit to each and everyone
owner.  "FT"