Chromework and rechroming

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Chromework and rechroming
From: "James Carruthers" <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:57:52 +0100 (BST)
Listers,

The trouble with having such a fine car is that everything has to be high
standard - and currently my chrome is lacking its "chromey-ness" - no
amount of polishing is going to fix it - so I am going to have to rechrome
it.

I phoned up a place this morning - the guy estimated me 250 pounds for the
front and 100 pounds for each of the rears. 450 quid - "blimey" I
thought... that's a bit steep...

Now here is the interesting bit - Canley do the whole lot for 319 pounds
total. Now assuming postage will be a bit hefty - thats still over 100
pounds cheaper. Interestingly the LH rear bumper is described as being
"STANPART RECHROMED" - so I bet I could probably sell my old ones back to
them in some sort of exchange.

So, why would I bother rechroming my old ones?

James

69 Signal Red Spit