RE: Reproduction parts and limited runs?

To: "'Nolan Penney'" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Reproduction parts and limited runs?
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:17:07 -0700
I didn't say you could "Write it off".  I said it is considered "cost of
goods sold" which reduces your tax burden.

If it doesn't sell it is then a "write-off".  You can't deduct it as a
loss because you have already reduced your taxes when the inventory was
purchased.  But you are not taxed on inventory.

Joe