Re: floor pan gauge etc.

To: "Triumph" <triumph@yankeespitfire.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: floor pan gauge etc.
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:14:12 -0500
Boy, was she quick, sent this e-mail off without a message.
Fingers frozen to the key board, or maybe frozen brain mass. I do have
excuses.
Looked at your site of floor restoration. Good work Jon. I'm so glad to know
that the rusty before shots don't look any different than ours.
Ha ha.....
Painful steps, I can second that. We just installed our bonnet on the GT6,
just to align it to the doors and the sills and to see how it all fits
together. Thank God, it' all fits half decently....sigh...... which seemed
like a miracle to me but not to Wilf who can't figure out why I was worried
all this time.

Anyhow, it helps to brace the door frame, which had not been done by the PO
when he removed the floors on the drivers side. The passenger side went in
somewhat easier. We now have the windscreen frame removed, from the body. I'm
just working on this.

Big as this project may be, it's a lot of fun and rewarding to see it all come
together. Next job, rear wing section, repair the lace work of rust in
progress.
Cheerio
Liv