RE: Installation of Carpet set

To: "'Daniel Parrott'" <parrotthead01@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: Installation of Carpet set
From: "Craig Smith" <csmith1@awcwire.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:23:14 -0500
One thing I did was purchase a matting to go under the carpet.
I don't know what they call it but it is made out of scrap cloth pressed and
then an aluminum foil material is attached to one side.
This stuff is a bear to cut but it adds a large amount of sound proofing as
well as heat barrier.
It's cheap and I bought mine at a Pep Boys in the US, I would imagine that a
bunch of stores sell the stuff. I did not glue it down, It kind of forms to
the shapes, the firewall and sides are glued.
The carpet is just laid on top of the aluminum.