RE: >>NASS "Adjustable" roll bar?

To: "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: >>NASS "Adjustable" roll bar?
From: "Chris & Kelly Sharp" <4sharps@COX.NET>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:56:40 -0800
Interesting thread.

I'd be a little concerned that the bar might "adjust" it's self during a
roll over event, which would be worse than having a bar that's a little
short.  Additionally, it won't do you any good when the top is up and the
bar is in the down position.    A short bar will at least give you room to
live, even it you loose some hair in the process.

However, there are other options to consider.  I recall a Grass Roots
Motorsport article several years ago about building a racing Spitfire with a
Mazda rotary engine.  They used an exceptionally tall roll bar and had a
custom top made to cover it.  It was functional and looked OK, but
definitely not stock.  You could probably get a local automotive upholsterer
to build one for you at a reasonable cost.

Cheers

Chris Sharp
'64 Spitfire4
'80 TR8