Re: >>NASS "Adjustable" roll bar?

To: "Chris & Kelly Sharp" <4sharps@COX.NET>,
Subject: Re: >>NASS "Adjustable" roll bar?
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:51:02 -0500
No, I'm not so concerned about the roll bar *adjusting* itself. It's bolted
extremely well and very solid. My worries would be more along the fact that
the bar could be, and should be, mounted solid to the frame. It's mounted to
the wheel housing right now, which is not as solid as I would like to see it.
I'd never consider altering the shape of the soft top. The top is part of the
design of the car.
The roll bar is always up and solidly in place when the top is erected. It's
designed to fit perfectly under the rag top.
The way I see it, any such a device will help in case of an accident. The more
solid it's mounted, the better the chances of protecting the driver and
passenger.
When driving an old convertible, we all take risks.
Cheers
Liv