Re: Why on earth an empty gas can? (Re: New to the list)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why on earth an empty gas can? (Re: New to the list)
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 08:13:11 +0000
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, at around 21:38:06 local time,
public@sweavo.34sp.com wrote:
>Quoting Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>:
>>
>> http://www.hargreave-mawson.demon.co.uk/Spittools.html
>>
>> :-)
>
>I thought it was illegal, or at least dangerous, to keep a full can of fuel
>with you.  I've always been brought up to carry an empty can, then you have a
>long walk to the gas station, but hopefully shorter than the walk home.

It isn't illegal in UK, but it may be elsewhere for all I know.   You
can get explosion-proof petrol cans (filled with a sort of steel-wire
foam) that reduce the danger to nil.   I've got one.   And I've never
had to make that long trudge to the petrol station. :-)

ATB
--
Mike
Carly  - 1977 Inca Yellow Spitfire 1500 FH105671