Re: Why on earth an empty gas can? (Re: New to the list)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why on earth an empty gas can? (Re: New to the list)
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 05:17:26 -0800 (PST)
After you run out of gas once you get that "once
bitten, twice shy" attitude and start thinking it's
good to be safe.
The annoying thing is if you run out of gas and you
walk say a mile to a gas station and they have gas but
no containers to carry it in...so you have to walk yet
another mile to get to a station that has cans. That's
when you start to think it would be good to carry a
gas can.

I remember for a while there was something on the
market (which you can still buy through catalog) that
was an emergency fuel. It was safe to carry in your
trunk but the engine would run on it. It came in
gallon containers but was VERY expensive (like
$15-20/gal).

In recent years I've taken to just pulling over to a
levy when the gauge reads 1/4 full. It's a pain, but
I'd rather do that then carry a sloshing can of gas in
the boot.

I have about 4 or 5 gas cans because of myself or
friends running out of gas not having a can with me at
the time. Anyone want a fuel container?
-Terry