Re: front trunnions

To: lvaughan@pldi.net
Subject: Re: front trunnions
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 05:16:21 -0700
I installed mine with plenty of gear oil and by just insuring that the
rubber was snugly against the parts (probably about two turns before it
would actually lock). Like you if screwed too much they would rip apart.
There is a lot of thread there.  Been in my daily driven Spitfire at least
twenty years now without incident and they are still nice and tight.