Re: Rear shock mounting

To: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rear shock mounting
From: Barry Schwartz <v6spitfireguy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:03:40 -0800
While Im not sure which mounts you are refering to, since all GT6's and
Spitfires have the same upper shock mounting points on the rear frame
sturcture, which are part of the frame and not removable.  They are just
not used in the GT6 rotoflex and for these models upper shock mounts are
welded to reinforced plates inside the fender wells- if you have removable
brackets, somebody has done some modifing - if your not using rotoflex
axles, then the same frame shock mounting points can be used.  If on the
other hand you are using the rotoflex axles then stock frame mounting
locations cannot be used because the shocks will hit the rotflex joints -
which is why they were moved to the fender wells on these models
>Can the upper rear shock mounts from a Spitfire 1500
>(the 4-5" long U-channel brackets) be simply bolted to
>the frame of a GT6+ and used to locate the top of the
>shocks (I'd be using the GT6+ rear parts without a
>GT6+ body to mount brackets onto)?

Barry Schwartz (San Diego)
---