Re: 15" Wheels and tire

To: "M D \"Doc\" Nugent" <docnugent@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: 15" Wheels and tire
From: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:16:22 +0000
I still don't understand myself...

For a start 15" look silly on classic cars - it seems to be all the rage
to put them on muscle cars too... no no nooooooooo... muscle cars have
big fat huge pieces of rubber on them... not skinny things...

I still don't know why you need _more_ grip than the standard sizes
myself - it seems to me that the suspension isnt set up right in the
first place - and fitting bigger tyres is a hack to try and fix that...

I still claim that my 145s give me serious grip with devine neutral
handling... it goes around corners like a bat out of hell... or
something that goes around corners very quickly... as tested on the
Scottish not-much-wider-than-a-Spitfire roads back in October...

So, I conclude, to the people who want to fit 15"ers... if it's just for
fashion... that's ok, just as long as you don't think you're getting a
better ride of handling... to the people that know better... let's not
try and argue - let them live in their Miata world...

(yes this email is written in a happy frame of mine :o) )

James