Re: 15" Wheels and tire

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 15" Wheels and tire
From: idhtfts@rogers.com
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:57:45 -0500
At 12:16 PM 2/1/2005, you wrote:
>For a start 15" look silly on classic cars

Like TR6's and Austin Healey 3000's?

The wheel has to look right I agree, but there a lot of after market 13
wheels made for the GT6 and Spitfire that I think look ugly as well.
Classic Panasport and Revolution deigns look good in my opinion and
should work cosmetically in the 15" range for our cars as long as the
overall look is balanced. Having a car that sits level instead of nose
high goes a lot towards how the wheel and tire combo looks. A 50 series
tire looks weird if you have a lot wheel well space.

-Maurice