RE: Best sequence for installing Door Waist Seal and

To: "'Nolan'" <foxtrapper@ispwest.com>,
Subject: RE: Best sequence for installing Door Waist Seal and
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:00:46 -0700
There is one way to install the seals before the glass.  I have used this
method twice.  Once with good results and the second time I struggled with
it.

The trick is to remove the glass from the track and install the track and
regulator in the door.  There is lots of room to work the seals onto the
lips of the window opening.

After that is done, the trick is to get the glass installed and have it not
fall out.

The first time, I used some canvas fabric in the track which compressed when
the glass was inserted and it left a good secure installation.

The second time, I tried to re-use the original seal material and found that
it was too hardened to accept the glass properly.  I finally was able to
work it down sufficiently so that it won't fall out.  But I think it is not
fully in the bottom of the track and probably sticks up higher than it is
supposed to.

Joe