Re: Clutch repair options

To: s1500@comcast.net, spitfires@autox.team.net (Spitfires)
Subject: Re: Clutch repair options
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:54:53 -0400
I think it is MUCH easier to pull the engine on a Spit than to pull
the transmission by itself. Even after you take apart the entire
center console area, you are still faced with pulling a rather long
and heavy transmission (especially with O/D) out through a pretty
small opening. In fact, when I did my clutch this spring, I did pull
it out through the interior, but then pulled  the engine to put it
back! And there is less wiring to deal with for the engine than a O/D
transmission. :-0

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Spit