RE: Kingpin bushings!!!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Kingpin bushings!!!
From: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 97 01:13:11 UT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank

The Machinists that I have talked with  will not ream them because they think
that both ends should be reamed at the same time to insure that the alignment
between top and bottom remains correct. This can't be done without the tapered
or "stepped" reamer which they did not have. American cars typically have the
same size of both ends.  I agree that the method described by you should work
O.K. but you have to find someone willing to do it that way.

Larry