Re: Distributor and wires ?

To: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor and wires ?
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:23:10 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Turn the engine over manually till #1 cylinder is firing (at TDC, rockers
have clearance).  Take the distributor cap off, and see which post the rotor
arm is pointing at.  that's number one.  Firing order is 1-3-4-2, and the
rotor goes counter-clockwise.  Normally, if the distributor is in properly,
#1 is the upper right hand post nearest to plug #1, which is handy!  But
many manuals have the photo for installing the distributor drive wrong, so
it's easy to get the distributor in backwards.

Brian