Re: Cut The Tunnel?

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Cut The Tunnel?
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 11:44:39 -0800
Cc: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> PLEASE don't chop the tunnel up... this is a major structural backbone
> of the car...

HA!  This is VERY easy to say!  I can still remember the day back in
March of 1961.  I had just bought my Frogeye and was giving it a lube
and oil change at the automotive hobby center at the Memphis Naval Air
Station.  But when it came to getting access to the lube fitting for the
front u-joint, I found that it was about three inches off.  Oh, how I
swore !@#$%^&*()#$#%^&*(#$%  at the diabolical genius of Donald Healey.
I finally had to perform some chopping modification to the access hole,
and it remains today to give me fond memories of "the good old days".

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California
Frogeyes  AN 5L/762  AN 5L/6893