Re: Exhausting Cheap Solution!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Exhausting Cheap Solution!
From: Christopher T Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 18:42:03 +0100
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well...
I took my Midget to my friend the muffler guy, and he did something he said
was an 'old timers' trick (maybe the old timers on the list would like to
comment on it ;)

He put a large straight pipe from the header back and put on a small glass
pack (12"-18") under the drivers seat  and another in the standard position
(behind the axle) which was longer (around 24", it's at my friends shop
right now getting a new diff, otherwise I'd go get the exact
measurements)...here's the trick:   Many, if not all, glass packs are
directional, they want to be installed with the exhaust flowing a certain
direction.  The forward, short muffler is backwards, the rear muffler is
installed the standard way.  I'm not sure exactly the physics involved, but
it sounds awesome.  People ask me what's in the car because it doesn't
sound like a normal 1275, but deep, rich, and mellow.  Just a suggestion!

CTP