Re: Midget interior questions....

To: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Subject: Re: Midget interior questions....
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 15:54:56 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Gregory Kirk wrote:

> Hello Spridgeteers...
>
> I have a couple of questions regarding my Mk1 (1962) Midget's inerior.
>
> OK sacrilege time: I'm not crazy about not having headrests (neck
> injuries could really ruin my day), so I was seriously considering
> getting some later model Midget seats with headrests.  How difficult
> would it be to fit seats from a 70 or later car into my 62?

Yes they work....I have 72 Midget seats in my 59 Bugeye but I had them recovered
in tan with OUT the headrests.

> Next sacrileigious question:  I'm planning on doing the the car in
> British Racing Green, and I'd like to do the interior in Tan/Biscuit.
> Would later model interior and carpet kits fit in my Midget?  I know the
> door panels won't work, but I' thinhking aobu the panels around the
> transmission tunnel, and behind the seats?

I made all my panels and covered them with Camel (tan) what ever. I also did the
carpet in green.Recovering panels, dashboards, etc is quite simple with todays
modern spray adhesives.
I have a few tech tips on PDLJMPR for panels and carpet.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites