Re: Re: attaching the hardtop

To: mikeg@vicnet.net.au, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: attaching the hardtop
From: Bkitterer <Bkitterer@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 02:36:26 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The factory hardtop for the MKI does not have any clips at the back.  They are
held in place with the outside windscreen clamps and the side bolts where the
hood (top) bows install.  This rounded top was also used on MKII and should
work on MKIII.   But there is also a factory top that is squarish with a flat
rear window for the MKII, MKIII and the Midgets.  The factory thought this
shape looked better with the these body styles.  Other than knowing that these
later tops exist I know nothing of how they were attached.

------Bob and Ann
           '60 Bugeye,  original owners

Larry  -  You knew I would not be able to stay out of this one didn't you.