attaching the hardtop

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: attaching the hardtop
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:33:11 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have this odd problem when attaching the hardtop:

If the rear locating brackets slide OK into their
respective body retainers then the front fasteners
fall a little bit "ahead" of their windscreen brackets!

If I do the fasteners OK on the windscreen then the
rear locating brackets fall a little "behind" (about
half an inch) the retainers.

What am I doing wrong? Is exerting super-human force
to the windscreen a normal part of the hardtop attaching
sequence so that everything falls into place?

I end up doing the fasteners and side bolts and leaving
the rear locating brackets behind, because I'm scared
to push the windscreen forward. Is this ok?

Finally, the hardtop has some considerable gaps (!) at
the windscreen header ends and the B-post tops but it
sure beats leaving the car in the soft top as no razor
blade can slash the metal hardtop, hopefully.

Regards
Evangelos
66 Sprite MkIII