Re: attaching the hardtop

To: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: attaching the hardtop
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:43:14 +0200
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mike Gigante wrote:

> It could be you have a Hardtop for a MkII sprite or even bugeye. The MkIIIs
> have curved windscreens whereas the MkI & MkII have flat windscreens.
>
> Mike

According to the Production Trace Certificate from BMIHT, the hardtop I
have is the one the car was shipped with, back in 1966, to its original
dealership destination.

This is all I know about MkIII and MkIV hardtops:

MkIII: rear aligning brackets, flat windscreens, square design,
       "thick" rear seal (because the MkIII body is flat) and
       two metal rear seal retainer halves. The side bracket has
       a channel where the bolt moves forward and backward.

MkIV: no rear aligning brackets, flat windscreens, square design,
      "thin" rear seal (raised MkIV body) and no retainers. The
      side bracket has only a hole for the bolt.

Don't know about MkI or MkII hardtops because I don't have such
a car, would buy one though if I could find it, car that is!!!!

Evangelos