Re: crossflow or downflow??

To: Amy Soich <casoich@sgi.net>
Subject: Re: crossflow or downflow??
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:13:51 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Amy Soich wrote:

> It appears after looking in the Moss catalog, that I actually have down flow.
> Mine looks like the one they are calling down flow (or vertical flow).
> However, according to VB they stopped using down flow in 66 and my car is a
> 67. Does this mean mine was changed by a PO or that VB is just wrong?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Amy
> 67 Sprite MkIV

Amy,
we may have the best year Sprite produced :-), but it is not always easy
dealing with the envy of the world around us.  The '67 model is so awesome
(with its 1275, no emission control, but all chrome interior trim and
color-piped seats, etc) that in many cases people (or their catalogs)
want to tell us that our cars are not correct.  It is too much for them to
handle that one car could combine all the desirable features of the Sprite
line.
Seriously, I have seen this with radiators, master cylinders, exhausts,
and some other things.  The dates they state are not always correct.
The downflow radiator is original.

                                                           '67 Sprite