Re: crossflow or downflow??

To: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: crossflow or downflow??
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:11:03 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>As the subject has, kind of, come up...
>
>Does anyone have any experience of the downflow radiator being insufficient
>in hotter climates?  I ask as I am in the middle of a rebuild and was
>wondering
>whether it would be worth my while upgrading to the crossflow 'while I'm
>at it'
>(could get expensive these 'while I'm at it' fixes!).
>

>--     ____         _.       .-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-.
> |.___/    ""-.____/ |      /| Email: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com   |
><||  Phil Profili  __|-----<-| Phone: (770) 494 1287                 |
> |`,...____...---"'         \| 'scuse me while I fix my tie          |
>   o    O'                   `-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-'

Phil,

I have the downflow on my '65. Drove it all summer, sometimes in real heavy
stop-and-go traffic AND I have a 1275, which supposedly demands more
cooling. It never boiled. As the guys at AIAP noted, I drove it thru an
entire Hotlanta summer with no problems; why would I want to mess with the
cooling system if it can pass a test like that?

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.emory.edu/molvis