Re: crossflow or downflow??

To: Amy Soich <casoich@sgi.net>
Subject: Re: crossflow or downflow??
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 09:11:58 -0800
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Amy,

My 67 has a downflow as well.  Don't trust VIcky Brit's dates since they
have a bad habit of generalizing that all changes that happened between
the MkIII's and MkIV's happened the day the first 1275 rolled off the
line.

Remember 67's have a great deal of differences than the later 1275 cars
(fenders, dash and gauges, positive ground, hydraulics, hood hinges,
wipers, flashers, and interior to name a few).  Vicky Brit does not seem
to recognize this on all their products.

I had a guy there tell me that since I have the earlier hood hinges, my
car must not be a MkIV, I'd like to see them explain that top!!!

Get the Motorhead ( http://www.erols.com/mtrhd/ ) catalog, it's better
at recognizing noting these changes.  If you get a chance, go look at a
later Sprite or Midget, and look at all the little differences between
your car, and that one.  It will help you notice the parts that are
potentially different in your car than the later 1275's.

Take care,

Patton

--
Patton Dickson                   Dallas, TX

1967 Austin-Healey Sprite        H AN9 L 69437
See My Austin-Healey Sprite Page
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html