Re: New Kid

To: "TRIPPY" <RTRIPLETT@FAB9.intel.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: New Kid
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 23:42:44 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Richard, and welcome to the list.   I installed a new interior kit from
Vicky B in my Midget.  The first kit that arrived had been packed so that
some of the panels had permanently impressed themselves into the
vinyl/padding of other panels.  I sent the damaged panels back, and in
return Vicky sent a complete new set of panels (therefore, I ended up with
spares).  One other problem I noticed was that one of the inboard footwell
panels had apparently been manufactured with the vinyl and padding on the
wrong side of the panel.  They replaced that one, too.  Installation of the
entire kit, including carpet, was very easy.  Everything fit just fine, but
you do have to trim the carpet pieces  to make them fit over the curvature
of the rear wheelwells, and that is a bit fiddly.  Oh, yes:  I think the
kit came with only about half the required number of snap fasteners for the
carpet, but I was able to find what I needed elsewhere.  If you are going
to glue the carpet down, that wouldn't be a problem, anyway.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
 '73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain