Re: Header & Exhaust

To: "Nolan, Michael F." <Michael_Nolan@cuusa.com>
Subject: Re: Header & Exhaust
From: Agustin de la Calle <agustin@risotto.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 10:08:59 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'spridge'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Mike,

I can't tell you much about the carburetor and intake configuration, but I
have used a LCB (long center branch) exhaust manifold from APT. They are
selling the Maniflow exhaust and I think it's really a great exhaust. I
had to cut a piece away of about 1.5" where the exhaust makes the turn to
go under the car. there is a little lip that is in the way. No big deal.
It really flows better and even while not changing anything in the
original exhaust (after the manifold) I had to adjust the carbs. But thats
what I expected. It was well built and no awkward welding junk was
obstructing the smooth flow.
APT also sells a good set of exhaust mufflers that would also have good
flow even under civilized noise levels. I will skip one muffler and
install their maniflow muffler alone. If things are too loud I still can
get the other muffler and keep the noise down. Dave Anton (APT) also has
different tube diameters if you want to change the stock size.

Cheers,

Gus
'71 Midget