Re: Header & Exhaust

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Header & Exhaust
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 14:27:46 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>snip
>I never got tired of following his car and listening to the music :)
>snip

>Ulix, exhaust sound connoisseur

On the basic premise - I have used Maniflow and Janspeed headers, both very
good quality.  I just made a header for my race car, bought tubing bends,
and went at it with cutoff saw and welding torches, but I would only do that
in extremis...

The best sound I ever heard come from an A-series engine was my 1070 Cooper
S race motor...Weber, header, 36" long 2" diameter secondary pipe, no
muffler of any sort and most importantly, 14.5:1 compression.  That sucker
BARKED!  of course, it also cracked the pistons and the crank, but only
after I ran it on pumpgas with octane booster...nother story.

Brian